27 Jul AssurCLEAN: CIT Signature Transportation’s Continued Commitment to Safety
As expressed in our “When Safety is Your Passion” blog post from February of 2020, CIT Signature Transportation (CIT) prides itself on its commitment to safety. With the onset of COVID-19, driver and passenger concerns over health and safety are rising, and for good reason. CIT’s “Enhanced Protocols for Virus Mitigation” page covers the steps CIT is taking to combat COVID-19. The newest step CIT has taken in their commitment to safety is becoming a participant in the United Motorcoach Association (UMA) AssurCLEAN program. To become a participant, CIT completed and will complete the following tasks:
- Designated someone to be responsible for responding to SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) concerns and all employees know who the designee is and how to contact them.
- Provided all employees with information about SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), how it spreads, and risk of exposure, training on proper hand washing practices and other routine infection control precautions, access to soap, clean running water, and drying materials or alcohol-based hand sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol at their worksite.
- Conducted worksite assessments to identify SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) prevention strategies.
- When practical, provide products as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control, Environmental Protection Agency, and other applicable government agencies so that surfaces commonly touched by passengers and staff can be cleaned periodically.
- Used, and continue to use, disinfectant products that meet Environmental Protection Agency’s List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) and provide employees training on manufacturer’s directions.
- Coordinated with, and will continue to coordinate with, local and/or state public health officials to establish ongoing communications to facilitate access to relevant information.
- Monitored, and continues to monitor, federal regulations and public health agency guidelines as appropriate.
CIT’s Service Writer, Jeremy Grzywacz, is our designated individual responsible for responding to COVID-19 concerns. As Jeremy explained, in addition to our normal cleaning process, CIT is wiping down common touch surfaces with a bleach-based solution. Further, CIT is using a Hurricane Ultra II to fog their buses with Bioesque Thymox Disinfectant Spray, number 87742-1 on the EPA’s List N discussed above.
In terms of coordinating with local public health officials, CIT has been in contact with LesLa White, Director of Home Health/Hospice/Public Health at Mary Greeley Medical Center. We reviewed our processes with her team, and they support our efforts. These are just a couple of the many ways CIT is abiding by the AssurCLEAN program and continuing their commitment to safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
When your group is ready to travel again, Jeremy and everyone else at CIT are ready and eager to get you there safely. Click here to book your safe journey today.
Written by: Emily Grzywacz